Healthcare Training Scholarships
PHP awards a limited number of scholarships to qualified students to help them defray the costs of pursuing a high-demand healthcare training program or post-secondary healthcare education in one of our qualified healthcare training programs. PHP qualified programs include CNA, Med Aide, Medical Coding/Billing, LPN, RN, EMT, Paramedic, and GED programs.
Please review the information below to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements. Fill in the name, email, phone, and Program of Interest boxes then submit your information. A link to the PHP application will be sent to the email address you submitted.
Please complete the application as soon as possible. A PHP staff member will contact you once your application is received. Please have the required documentation (listed in the Student Checklist area below) readily available to complete your application process.
- Complete and submit the Pathways to Healthcare Professions Program Application.
- Complete and submit the Pathways to Healthcare Professions Scholarship Application.
To be considered for a scholarship, students must:
- Demonstrate academic merit and financial need
- Have an income less than 200% of the current Federal Poverty Level or be a TANF recipient
- Complete and submit all required applications and documents
- Be accepted into a healthcare training or high school GED program
- High School Completion (GED)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Medication Aide (Med Aide)
- Medical Coding (CPC) or Medical Billing (CPB)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Student Support Services
- Child care
- Tuition Assistance
- Career Readiness
- Job Placement
- Culturally Relevant Enrichment Program
- Demonstrate academic progress and financial need.
- TANF recipient or a low income individual who can document an income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- All applicants must have applied or in the process of applying to a college or career and technical education program, short-term healthcare training program or GED program.
- Applicant must demonstrate probable and continuing success as a student by maintaining a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00.
- A criminal background check may be required before you are fully admitted into the program. Please note that a conviction does not automatically disqualify you from the program.
- Student is required to attend mentorship meetings, career success classes and complete all survey requirements. Arrangements will be made for out-of-town students.
- Scholarship funds are available to assist students with expenses related to educational training. For specific eligibility requirements, please refer to GPTCHB website or a PHP staff member
- A completed application
- Your most recent transcript showing cumulative Grade Point Average (high school or college unofficial transcripts are acceptable). Guidelines on how to obtain transcripts is available.
- PHP requests ONE of the following:
- TANF Recipients Explanation of Benefits
- Tax return from the most recent year/or paystub
- Pay stub dated within the last 30 days
- Social Security Explanation of Benefits (SSI or SSD)
- Current unemployment wage determination statement
- Current Veteran’s benefit statement
- Company letterhead verifying start date, pay rate, frequency of pay, and average hours working
- Current Worker Compensation benefits statement.
- Two forms of ID
- To obtain final acceptance into the program, you will need to provide an official letter of admission/enrollment from an accredited institution of higher learning or acceptance letter into a short-term healthcare training program or a letter of acceptance into an approved GED program.
- Official copy of class schedule with advisor signature if enrolling in a university or technical college program.
- A needs analysis form from your financial aid office from the college you are accepted at. If you are enrolled in a short-term training program or GED program, your need analysis will be completed by GPTCHB PHP staff.
Please send scholarship materials and/or general inquiries by mail to:
GPTCHB Pathways to Healthcare Professions
attn: Gerri LeBeau
1770 Rand Road
Rapid City, SD 57702
or email to: Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax to: 605.721.2862